Monday, May 14, 2007

My Feet Hurt.

Training Log -- 4/19 - 5/13

Moe had another pick up game last night, which was pretty fun. Maybe more competitive than the last one, although a little less poorly attended. I'm not sure who is benefiting the most from these pick up games... But I've decided that I am benefiting to some degree, so that's a good thing. :)

Joe was right when he said it last night: Only Ultimate can really prepare you for Ultimate. Although I've been running 3 days a week very consistently for the past month, I still can get destroyed on the Ultimate field during these games. So I'm benefiting from these games when I come out knowing that I need to work harder to come into tryouts a bit stronger. Or maybe just better prepare myself for competition.

Another major part of Joe's Ultimate true-ism that I [re-]discovered last night was just the wear-and-tear kind of toll that Ultimate takes on your body. Last night for me it was my feet. Stupid, frustrating things like breaking in cleats can be just as bad as breaking in out-of-shape lungs and legs. Running on straight paths in perfectly comfortable shoes doesn't quite cut it, but I guess it has to start somewhere.

My lifting has suffered these past weeks. I've pretty much taken on the mentallity that running is more important than lifting for me now, and most nights I only have the time and energy for one or the other. So I run. I'm still doing my push ups and sit ups, and when I remember, 'supermans'... we'll see if it pays off.

No comments: