Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Wooted.

Er, excuse me?

:)

In case you haven't heard, Woot.com is a web- site/community/lifestyle that offers products on a one-per-day basis. The Woot team apparently has a huge warehouse full of random junk (most of it consumer electronics) and they select one item each day to sell until it's sold out. There's no bidding or anything - the price is set at midnight each night for each product.

So each night the more committed Wooters wait for their atomic clocks (purchased on Woot) to signal the change of day, and the release of some new product into the Wootsphere. About 25% of Woot's sales are committed between that hour of midnight and 1am.

Anyway, I've been excitedly waiting for the first product that I could justify Wooting, and today it came. It's just a bottom line (many of Woot's products are no-name, refurbs, etc.... but the price is always right) wireless card that I could/might use for my desktop - but my first Woot nonetheless.

No comments: