Monday, October 23, 2006

The peaks we reach.

I'm flying down to Florida for Nationals tomorrow night and everything seems to be coming together for me and for Moe. At practice last night I felt the best I have since May. I think I'm finally getting over the humps, both physical (being out of commission for a month in middle of the season) and mental (my priorities were definitley not on the field leading up to my wedding) that have been holding me back in some degree for much of the season. Regionals was possibly the best tournament for me this season, even in my limited role, and I've only gotten better, in every personal/physical/mental way, since then. My teammates around me have only helped this post-season progression. We all seem to be building in strength and enegry for this week. I'm confident, however, that I will prove my way into more PT in Florida, amidst the growth of others around me.

Last season, my best tournament was Bozofest (boo, in May). And while I like to have a good tournament no matter where, or what, I'd prefer to shine when it really counts. In fact that was a major goal of mine this season. For all I know, my early injury might have saved me and helped me achieve it. Moe plays so hard for so long that it's difficult (for me) to hold up and be at the top of my game when I really want and need to be. But how ever it happened, I'm glad that I may have already achieved my goal of being strong when I want to be, and more importantly, when it counts for the team. I'll be doing all I can to really drive this home in Sarasota.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Amen, hubby :).
Your play at Regionals looks to have played you into O line PT at Nats... see the upcoming team strategy email. I'm super excited.