Monday, October 23, 2006

My Moe-tivation

I wrote this (to the team, kind of) back before Regionals, but I thought I'd add it here now anyway...


-For me, playing for Moe means doing what I can to make sure that my friends on this team get what they've had coming to them in terms of competition, respect, and reward in the Ultimate world. I want to do everything that I can to let these people know that when they put on their jersey, they are amongst the best of the best in their sport. Individual/one-on-one comparisons are meaningless, histories stay in the past, the now belongs to Moe.

-Something I wrote after listening to a business strategest/ self-help guru on MPR (and I thought it pertained to any group... like a sports team):
Weakness is irrelivant. We, as individuals do have to realize our weaknesses and know each other's weaknesses as a team, but only to see that in the face of our combined strengths those weaknesses are truly irrelivant!

-People are good at owning their personal weaknesses, and most try to carry them alone. Every team is even better at owning/knowing it's weaknesses - the better teams try to compensate for, or adjust to them. What I want everyone of you to do: start owning the strengths of this team. They are yours. You earned them. Make them your own!

WE throw every huck, WE get every D, WE win every game.

In the Face of Our Strengths,
#22

No comments: