Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Summer Plans, etc.

So are you anything like me? Are most of your weekends now busy... through, say, November?! This seems to happen every summer - being an Ultimate player, it's sort of expected, but it's still crazy looking at my calendar and seeing all the events that get packed into a summer.

It looks like it'll be a fun one though - there are some 'firsts' this summer that I'm especially excited about. Like backpacking in the Beartooths with the Melbys. We're thinking that'll happen the first full week in August. And I found out yesterday that I'm scheduled to go on a 'business trip' to Phoenix the 25th-28th of July. (Someone's moving up in the world!) On top of that, Flaming Moe has the most interesting and challenging schedule we've ever had.

So it looks like it'll be a good one, however busy.

Upcoming events:
Poultry Days in Ohio this weekend.
Film Club hopefully next Saturday.
Father's Day stuff next Sunday.
Boston Invite the 23rd and 24th.

*I've been really bad about posting my training stuff... mostly because I've been really bad about training. Tryouts always kill my motivation to workout, but at least they've been happening 3 times a week (keeping me pretty active). I've still been running a couple times outside of tryouts, and lifting maybe once a week. Last night I was really good - I lifted for 45 minutes AND THEN went on a good run. So that's that.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yeah I heard that hippos kill more humans in africa than the rest of the animals combined! Apparently they are extremely territorial.

Yeah I really wish I could go with you guys this weekend but I completely forgot that my mom scheduled my grad party for this Sunday, and it was a long time ago so no turning back on it. And do something sweet for me like....throw a hammer fake and have the guy turn around and run down the field like I did in the all star game last year. Stupid, I dont think you at the level of stupidity that Im at haha. Have fun this weekend and drive safe.