Monday, June 25, 2007

2007 Boston Invitational

This kind of says it all:
http://upa.org/scores/tourn.cgi?div=68&id=3537

Or maybe it doesn't if you're unfamiliar with the UPA Score Reporter, or the Club Mixed landscape... (Hint: Those are considered 8 of the very top mixed teams in the nation. Look at our seed going into the tournament, and look at the final standings.)

Yeah, we did very well.

Exactly HOW well we did is just sinking in too. Especially considering how much room for improvement there is on our team (just having a full roster would improve us for our next big tourney). Certainly it's possible (maybe even likely) that the other teams we played in Boston will improve as much as I see Moe improving by the time the series rolls around. But even if that's the case, it feels like Moe is going to have a much more competitive, productive and meaningful season than ever before.

Speaking of productivity - I'm starting Acceleration training tomorrow. Yikes.
I'm still a little worried about burning out physically, but I should hit my peak just around the Spawnfest tournament (Burlington, WA) in August, which is pretty much ideal. Between then and now... I just hope I have all the energy that I want for practice, etc... not to mention life in general. (I think Jeff has me a little over-anxious about his sprint-and-jump-'til-you-puke training stories from Acceleration.)
I am really looking forward to having a more structured workout program though. The idea of having an authoritative training figure (like it was to have a coach) back in my athletic life sounds good. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

tim said...

Bjorn-
Glad to see ultimate is going well for MOE and hope the acceleration training works well. I remember alot of those push to the limit stories from the track and cc guys.
tim