Tuesday, January 01, 2008

SLEEPTRACKER®

I got the SLEEPTRACKER® watch for my birthday (Thank you, Änna!), which if you haven't heard about it, tracks your sleep patterns, marking your 'wakeful moments' with the help of an accelerometer to determine when the best time to wake you is on a given morning.


I'm really excited to test this thing out. If it works as promised, it will only wake me when I'm most ready to get up, and not when I'm in the middle of a deep sleep.

So far I've only worn the watch on a holiday, so I let myself wake up naturally. Seeing the sleep data was cool for sure, but the first real test will be getting up for work tomorrow and seeing how refreshed I really feel.

You can go to the SLEEPTRACKER® site to learn more about how the watch works, or just wait to hear more about it from me. (Sorry, I sound like a product rep.) :)

2 comments:

Coach Lou said...

What's the verdict?

Bjorn said...

Well, not so good Lou. But I'm not giving up. It seems that my current sleep pattern has me sleeping really soundly and consistently between about 6:40am and 8am. This is why I always wake up feeling so tired to my alarm at 7:30 (and why on the weekends I seem to always wake up at 8am). Unfortunately this is also why the Sleeptracker waits until my set alarm time anyway to wake me up... It can't find any better time to wake me during that last cycle, unless I want to let it get me up at like 6:40am... which I'd rather not. I have a call into Customer Service to see if I'm doing any thing wrong. I'll let you know.

If anything, the watch has almost been worth it just showing the data for my nights' sleep. But it'd be really nice to be getting everything out of this watch that they promise.