Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yeah, but can he do Elliot's Exploding-Wine-Glass-Trick?



I busted out the Gyro Ring (aka Jitter Ring, Chatter Ring) at a party last night in an attempt to steal some of the fire out from under the Wii: that I knew would be otherwise dominating the nerdiest of party goers' attentions. I'm happy to say that my friends are at least as 'cool' as they used to be (I definitely am), and many of them really had fun with the toy - and Elliot even invented a new trick... (I wish we had a video of that... Sorry Baker and Marie!) :)

I got one of these at a toy store back in high school, right after the Yo-Yo craze, and recently decided to try to get my hands on one again. Not knowing what the thing was called, it took some creative Google searching to come up with the right item, but I eventually found them for sale (on Ebay) . I'm already as good as I once was, but that's not saying much. I expect that I'll play with it a couple more times in the next month or two, maybe learn a new trick, and then back to the closet it'll go.

But it'll be fun while it lasts.

No comments: