Thursday, November 08, 2007

Grounds for Impeachment

I started reading this article, Joseph A. Palermo: The Starr Report: How to Impeach a President, not knowing exactly what it was all about, but I quickly guessed where it was going... Still though, I thought the article well written and thought provoking -- enough so that I could realistically consider the points that it raises for the impeachment of our current president.

For the most part, the arguments I've heard for Bush's impeachment have come across as bitterly idealistic and as unhelpfully accusatory as the allegations against Clinton that are noted in the above article. (The Palermo article is mostly about Clinton/Starr, and builds a case against Bush by weakening Starr's and the public's attack of Clinton.) But this article seems sincere, and sincerely worried about the state of our country and it's unfortunate leadership.

And where I'll certainly agree (with my terribly limited knowledge of US and Presidential history) that Bush is the worst President of all time, I can't see him doing anything as horrible as people like Palermo are forecasting... Again, that kind of thinking sounds like 'bitter-liberal' to me... But after reading this article I have to agree, if Clinton deserved impeachment, so does Bush. Not that necssarily I think we should go there.

See, as partisan as this country is, I wouldn't want impeachment to become a trend for every President down the line... Then I suppose it just goes downhill until we have another civil war.

Sorry. Not funny. Thoughts?

1 comment:

royler said...

they should still add a clause that states- if you shoot a man in the face and you're the vice president or the president, you have to resign. (no matter how drunk you were when it happened)