Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So... That shut me up.

Flaming Moe didn't qualify for Nationals 2007, where we likely would have been seeded, like, 5th. Weird? Frustrating? Absolutely. Every time I look at the Nationals seedings I realize I'm still looking for our name. But that's that. The season is over, and we're all still fine (and great Ultimate players). Maybe you can get more out of me in person, but that's all I plan on writing about it.

Fortunately, there's still cool stuff on the internet.

Like this ballerina image.

Apparently, some people can see this spinning one way, and some the other. I can only see it spinning one direction, but I won't tell you which until after you look at it (in case the suggestion could affect how you see it?).


And ok, one more thing about Flaming Moe.

We did have a great season. I'm not going to say that it was so good that not going to Nationals doesn't matter, but we still did get to play with the top teams in competitive games all season, and those are experiences that we shouldn't soon forget.

Best of luck to Poodle, the VBBs, Rackages...

6 comments:

Coach Lou said...

Clockwise. I can catch it going the other way for a split second once in a while.

royler said...

if i read the text and then look at the picture it spins counter clockwise, but if i close my eyes and think of music and open them it spins clockwise for a little while.

Bjorn said...

I definitely could only see it spinning Clockwise yesterday, but today I looked, then closed my eyes and did Roy's "think of music" trick, AND IT SPUN THE OTHER WAY!

Then I blinked and it went back, and I haven't been able to switch it again...

D.K. said...

I too have experienced it going in both directions. Started counter, now mostly clock. I suppose one could interpret it both ways regardless though since what is clockwise when viewed from above is counter when viewed from below, right?

I recommend opening ballerinas in two separate windows so you can see them both. Can you make one go each way? With double ballerinas I see 4 shadowed nipples instead of 2.

royler said...

i think the pivot foot is the key. if you can figure out how a small area around the pivot foot should look, according to the direction you want to see it spin, you can master changing the direction at will.

changing the rotational direction of this image is probably the easiest magic power one can develop.

Anonymous said...

Try and picture the image in 3D by imagining which leg would be passing in front. If you concentrate, you can make it seem like she's not even rotating all the way around, but switching directions once she reaches one side.